Thursday, November 8, 2012

Gratitude Post #8

Today I am grateful for underwire bras.  This may seem a bit odd, maybe awkward and you are done reading.  But I am not going to go into full detail as to why I enjoy them,  Instead, I will share my most embarrassing moment which happened to have bras in it.
When I was 19, I was home from college for Christmas and my little sister, Stephanie, and I headed to the mall on one of the busiest days of the shopping year, the day before Christmas Eve.  She wanted to stop in Victoria's Secret to buy some lotion for a friend.  She found what she needed and then we went to the back of a very long line to wait our turn.  I looked over to my right and I noticed that there was a sale on bras.  So, of course, I leaned forward and whispered, very loudly, into Stephanie's ear "I need more bras."  Except.  It wasn't my sister, Stephanie.  It was a strange man.  And I don't mean that as any kind of judgement on who he was as a person, he was a stranger to me.  I completely FREAKED out!  Stephanie was bewildered because she didn't know what had happened. I couldn't speak.  I was speechless with embarrassment.  And the man didn't say ANYTHING.  No "What size?".  No "Uh, I'm taken."  No "You know, there is a better deal in February."  Nothing.  So I had to wait in line behind him for a very long time, mortified.  I collapsed with laughter that comes from such a humiliating experience outside of the store and I finally told Stephanie what had happened.  And then home to my family (my brother in law got the biggest kick out of it) and then to my friends and then to my roommates and then to my coworkers and on and on, because a good embarrassing moment can be fun to relive.  As long as it's not TOO embarrassing.

No comments:

Post a Comment