Thursday, November 15, 2012

Gratitude Post #15

Today I am grateful that grass grows, trees need to be trimmed, people litter, buildings need to be cleaned, and that the monsoon season causes havoc and downed trees.  This may seem odd unless you know that all of these things are what Kevin needs to run his business and support our family. Kevin started his commercial building maintenance company 4 1/2 years ago, pretty much at the same time that I had Blake.  It was a little stressful.  But he had been telling me for a looooong time that he wanted to start his own business.  He had been working with a partner doing the same thing and it was not working out on the business end, but he did learn a lot about the business from this partnership.  I was a chicken and thought that him starting a business was too risky.  I wanted a sure thing.  A paycheck that came regularly and didn't depend on whether or not he was able to get clients and operate a business.  I have kicked myself over and over again for not having more faith in him.  He is a natural when it comes to business.  He has exceeded my expectations for his business.  Now that's not to say that it has been all smooth sailing.  There have been plenty of bumps in the road, but for the most part, this has been a huge blessing for our family.  I would really have liked Romney to win the Presidential election to help with the taxes that we have to pay, but not everyone agreed with that philosophy.  I know that Kevin is grateful to have the business he has and to be able to employ people so they can provide for their families.  He has been able to teach Dillan about his business and had him doing manual labor out there with his guys.  Plus, I have the benefit of getting new plants and trees whenever Kevin finds a good deal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment