Saturday, November 3, 2012

Gratitude Post #3

Today I am grateful for musicals.  I love them.  I went to my first one when I was five and I have NEVER looked back.  I mostly love the songs from them.  Last night, I enjoyed a Girls Night In and we shared our favorite movie clips and one of mine was Moulin Rouge when Ewan MacGregor sings. That's what inspired me to share this bit of gratefulness.  This is a list of the musicals that I have seen in person:
Fiddler on the Roof (4+ times)
Wicked (5)
Les Miserables (7)
Phantom of the Opera (3)
Camelot (2)
Annie (4+)
Bye Bye Birdie (3)
Chicago
A Funny Things Happened on the Way to the Forum
Grease
Guys and Dolls
Hello Dolly!
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (5)
The King and I
Little Shop of Horrors
Mame
My Fair Lady
The Music Man
Oliver
Oklahoma!
Once Upon a Mattress
Pippin
Ragtime
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
Showboat
West Side Story
9 to 5 (if there is one that I regret seeing, it's this one!)
Annie Get Your Gun
Billy Elliott (sorry, Mom.)
HMS Pinafore
Pirates of Penzance
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Kiss Me, Kate
The Student Prince
Sweet Charity
You're A Good Man Charlie Brown

Those are the ones that I have seen live.  Holy cow!  I had no idea it was that many.  I have movie favorites that I love too which are The Producers (again, sorry, Mom), Dreamgirls, and Evita.  My favorites are Little Shop of Horrors which I saw with my cousin Carolyn I don't know how many times.  We also saw Labryinth in the movie theaters so many times that I have the movie memorized.
I have my mom to thank for this love.  She took me to so many musicals when I was growing up, many times all the way at the very top of the theater in the back row, but we didn't care, we were seeing a musical.  I love songs that are funny and fun and especially a song that I can belt out in the car when I am alone or even when I have a child with me.  My dream is to be on Broadway one day.  I will probably just be on the street Broadway going to a show, but there is that chance that one of my children will make it there.  Olivia is the one.  She has gotten the musical bug.  She asks me to watch a musical movie all the time.  That's my girl.

1 comment:

  1. Did you ever see The Slipper and the Rose?

    ReplyDelete