Thursday, October 1, 2009

No problem.

Our land line went down last Sunday. I enjoyed not having the phone ring, but it really bugged my friend, Myrissa, so after relentless harrassment from her to get it fixed, I emailed the phone company to let them know that we did not have a dial tone. A pleasantly large fellow came to our home to fix the troubles. It took him 3 minutes to get it fixed then pronounced it good ( I said that was too bad), he handed me his card, said his cell phone number was on there and told me to call him if I had any questions. I bid him farewell. He hadn't been gone longer than five minutes when I realized, I had a problem. I got his card and called his cell phone and he quickly answered the phone. I got right to the point. "I don't know what to make for dinner." Long pause. "Ma'am, when I said you could call me with any problems, I meant with the phone." "Oh," I said. Longer pause. "This is awkward. Well, thanks for stopping by." I really wish people would say what they mean. This would avoid confusing situations such as this.

3 comments: