Saturday, April 4, 2009

My brave venture into the blogosphere

I have toyed around with the idea of a blog for a while now after reading a couple of cousins and friends blogs and enjoyed them, especially while we drive and I can read them to Kevin then we discuss other peoples lives. Very fun. But I have been apprehensive at the idea that others could read what I have to say and not wanting to be laughed at or exposed to criticism. It's like I am at the beach and I have my bathing suit on and a cover up and I really want to get in the water, but I don't dare because I think that everyone is looking at me and will notice every flaw I have and whisper to their friends that they can't BELIEVE I would dare go out in public in a bathing suit, maybe some snickering even. But, I decide I don't care what other people think and I am going to do it despite all that. So I take off my cover up. No one even looks my way. I walk then get bold and start strutting down to the water. Not even a glance in my direction. I dip my foot in the water. Nice and warm. I start swimming carelessly, even do a dive into the water. Whoops! My top came off. NOBODY NOTICED!! Why? Because they are all so concerned about other people looking at them that no one is paying attention to what other people are doing. So I gleefully join then bloggers, but with a little trepidation that no one notices me and sees that despite the fact that I have fixed my top, there is a starfish stuck to my backside.
Enough of the analogy. My dear, sweet husband, Kevin, is the love of my life. He's a hard working, truck driving, Spanish speaking (how about some lunchay), landscaping, master driving, serving everyone, man of mine. He owns a commercial building maintenance company which takes care of landscaping, janitorial needs of companies. Love it. Nice perks. New trees and we never run out of toilet paper.
Dillan's the first born. He loves to read, scare me and his sisters, run, jump, throw a ball around, play games with me, and hang out with buddies. He's tall. Everyone thinks that he's at least fourteen, but he's eleven.
Chloe is the first daughter. She's very smart and caring. She reads, plays the violin, eats, grows taller every day, loves to talk and is a daddy's girl. She's tall. Everyone thinks she's ten, but she's eight.
Olivia is the star. She loves to dance, sing, put on fancy clothes and make up (where'd that come from?), boss people around, and play. She's tall...you get the point.
Blake. He is so cute and fat. I love him. He is definitely the baby the way that he loves to make others laugh. He will be tall one day, but right now he's tall and fat.
As for the title of my blog, I wanted something catchy, and I don't know if this is as good as it gets (one of my all time favorite movies, BTW) or if I will come up with something better. I tell mu children all the time if they are serving themselves soemthing or taking a handful of M&Ms "You can always have more, but you can't have less." So I thought that worked. If it doesn't, it was the best I could do.
So, if you're like me, you've decided to read this blog, and now it is way too late, you should be asleep by now, but you really wanted to see what I was up to and if I was as great as you think. I don't know if I am, but I love reading funny, well written blogs, so that is what I will attempt to do.

2 comments:

  1. Kimmicakes! You did it! So cute. I will add you to my sidebar :) Can't wait to read about the adventures of the Partridge family. Love you all xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, does this mean you can always have more...children? I see partridges and pears and the thought you can always have more, so it is making me think that you are subconciously baby hungry. Hmmmm...also, does your analogy allude to a two piece swim suit kimmicakes?! Wow, I am sounding like my mom now. I will be done. I am excited to read your blog late at night when I should be sleeping:)

    ReplyDelete