Sunday, February 7, 2010

You're a great provider!

Yesterday, I was thinking about how Kevin is a great provider for our family, when it reminded me of another great provider, me. I will now share how. When Olivia was born, I went to Dr. Stamps for her two week check up. Her birth weight was 7 lbs 15 oz, but she now weighed in at 8 lbs 14 oz. A pound weight gain after the initial weight loss, which provoked Dr. Stamps to exclaim "You're a great provider!" while simultaneously glancing at the source of nutrition. What's a girl to say but "Thanks!" I relayed this story to Laura, who had delivered Charles eleven days after Olivia, so she was anticipating the same reception when she took him in for his weigh in. Charles did gain a significant amount of weight, but there was no mention of her status as a provider. Sad. But, I was able to pride myself on the title of "Great Provider for Nursing Baby" for at least a year.

1 comment: