Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Knock, Knock, Knockin' on Kevin's Door

I love my husband.  Even better, I love that I married a husband that has such a great name to put in place of "heaven" in songs, such as "Knock, knock, knockin' on Kevin's door" by Guns 'N Roses or the LDS favorite "Where is Kevin?  Is he very far?" or "Just Like Kevin" by the Cure.  I think of how boring my life would have been if I had married a Steve or a Bob, altough I'm sure I would find a way to incorporate their names into songs, but it's so fun having a husband who's name rhymes with a great place to be.  So it was my sheer delight when Olivia said that we needed to change a verse in "Joy to the World".  She said "Instead of 'Let heaven and nature sing', we need to sing 'Let Kevin do his thing.'"  I loved it!!  But the sad part was that we didn't sing it on church on Sunday.  Olivia and I were rready to belt that one out.  Oh well.  There's always next year. 
There are two other songs that I believe were made specifically for my niece and nephew.  The first is "No One" by Alicia Keys.  How can you not sing "No-Ah, No-ah, No-ah" when you have a handsome nephew named Noah, especially when he's in the car with you?  And when you have a niece named Oana, how can you sing Rihanna's "What's My Name?'  without saying "Oana, what's my name?" She's a little diva too, that Oana.  I love them. 
Of course, my husband's name is not the only reason why I love him, but it certainly makes it more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment