Thursday, August 26, 2010

Why is it so HARD to blog on a regular basis?

Maybe I am just looking for funny stories to share and I have none that I can remember, so I think it is not worth putting a post together. But I do have ideas. That should count for something, right?
Idea #1 It's getting colder here. Yesterday, the expected high for the day was 108. This was not enough for a "heat advisory", which I find is hilarious that we have a heat advisory because I'm pretty sure we can all step outside and figure out if it is hot or not. Today, the high was an extremely cool 95. The forecast is for more 90s with the captions "NICE". Only here is that true.
Idea #2 I have a pet peeve with my husband. Ok, I probably have more than one, but this is the biggest issue I have with him that drives me bananas. I have a 24 oz yellow cup that I am constantly refilling throughout the day with water because I drink A LOT of water. I have had this cup for several years and I do wash it on a regular basis, and when it goes through the dishwasher, I am lost without it and have to use a regular cup. So, here's the issue. My husband is a light housekeeper, meaning he will put a load of laundry in the washer and think that he's done the laundry, or rinse the dishes and put them in the sink and not go one step further and put them in the dishwasher. I am ok with all of these things, but whenever he sees my yellow cup not in my hand, he puts it in the sink with the other dirty dishes! Then I have to wash it or get a regular cup and use it until it goes through the washer! It drives me cuckoo! I even went so far as to write in permanent marker on the cup the following statement "Do not empty this cup and put in the sink, EVER!!!" It worked for a few weeks until the permanent marker wore off, then he was back to his old tricks. I think it scared our housekeeper though, because she will not put that cup in the sink now, and I didn't realize that she could read English.
Well, I think this blog will appease my followers for a little while until I have another idea. Could be a loooong time.

No comments:

Post a Comment