Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Gratitude Post #12

Today I am grateful for the time when I can breathe without any obstruction.  It's been a long time since I have been sick, but it came on suddenly today and now I am unable to breathe with ease.  Whenever this happens, I remind myself to be more grateful to breathe easy when I can.  It's like when I was pregnant with Olivia and I had whooping cough, pleurisy, and a broken rib.  I kept thinking how when I was fully recovered, how grateful I would be that I wasn't coughing all day and night, and how easy it was to breathe in and out without pain in my chest.  My doctor told me that I would cough for one hundred days.  I coughed for 114.  I guess you might say I am an overachiever.  That or I was an old man while I was pregnant.  Either way, I am so grateful that I am not coughing right now.  And that I don't have pleurisy or a broken rib.  And that there is only one Olivia.

No comments:

Post a Comment